USER:
PASS:

Forums
Call of Duty World at War Zombies :: Forums :: General Discussion :: Announcements

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
MOD TOOLS for COD WAW
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
macavelli
Thu Nov 20 2008, 10:42AM
Registered Member #28
posted by JD (Treyarch) 7 hours ago

Hi everybody!

I'm pleased to introduce you to the Treyarch ModTools Wiki!

http://wiki.treyarch.com/

At this wiki, you will find all the documentation you should need for creating custom maps and mods! We've put a great deal of work in providing such an extensive library of documentation, and are providing an entire mod with the mod tools distribution, with documentation on the wiki for every aspect of that mod.

The hope is to allow you to side-by-side recreate our mod by following the steps on the Wiki, to learn the skills necessary to go out there and make your own great games!

The mod tools will be released shortly - they are finished and are going through the final stages of QA now and will be released as soon as they are cleared. You will find a mirror list on the Wiki, and it will be announced on CallOfDuty.com as well. We're targeting for a tomorrow release.

We hope you find this tool useful, and look forward to any suggestions you have as well as your own community made tutorials that will be posted around the 'Net (like at MODSonline.com).

Important: the tools have changed a bit from previous titles. It is crucial that you read the documentation carefully to get used to some of the new processes. You can do everything you could, and more, but may have to change your ways a little bit.

Regards,
-JD

[ Edited Thu Nov 20 2008, 12:45PM ]
Scorp
Thu Nov 20 2008, 12:46PM
Registered Member #2
Nice one mate. I hope they do come out tomorrow! We will be hosting the mod tools. I cant wait to get started on a map
smithster
Thu Nov 20 2008, 11:53PM
smithster

Registered Member #1
The mod tools are currently being uploaded to our site and will definately be available to download tomorrow. They are already available elsewhere to download too. So get mapping!!!
IcePoP3k
Fri Nov 21 2008, 12:00AM
Registered Member #21
Awesome just "converting" atm gonna have a play around tomorrow i reckon!
smithster
Fri Nov 21 2008, 10:16PM
smithster

Registered Member #1
let us know m8 if you successfully port from COD4 to COD5.
english pete
Tue Dec 30 2008, 06:41PM
Registered Member #584
Hi all

This is a summary of a problem I and a lot of others are having with modtools...I start launcher then try to open radiant... whereby we are told to load file codwaw.prj this appears in file name press open...aha
an elastic band pings then message appears...

FATAL ERROR:couldn't load fileSysCheck.cfg. Make sure Call of Duty is
run from correct folder.
GetLastErrorO=0
An unrecoverable error has occured. Wouls you like to edit Preferences
before exiting Q3Radiant?

I have seen others ask for help with this problem I should thinks lots of hours are spent going to different sites hoping
for answers...* The CoD:WW Mod Tools require your video drivers and DirectX to be up to date (DirectX March 2008 or later).
* The CoD:WW Mod Tools have been tested and work in Windows Vista. You MUST have administrative rights and/or turn UAC off.
* The CoD:WW Mod Tools require a DirectX 9 Shader Model 3.0 compliant card and the .NET Framework Version 2.0 or higher.
* Activision does not provide support for these tools. Please refer to the mod tools wiki at http://wiki.treyarch.com/ for support.

Ok I have admin rights...directx10...not sure about direct 9 shader model 3 compliant card..I downloaded .net framwork 3.5...
where can I go on my pc to check if I have all the requirements..

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF