USER:
PASS:

Forums
Call of Duty World at War Zombies :: Forums :: Zombie Discussion :: Anything Zombie Related

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Getting Mods to work plz - A dummy's guide
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
thealster
Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:21PM
Registered Member #18167
Hello,

Basically I want to know how to download a zombie map, where to download it, what to enable, and where to extract it
Anyones help would be appreciated, i am runnign windows XP. Thanks
smithster
Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:57PM
smithster

Registered Member #1
Find a map you want from our downloads section.

To download it, click the blue arrow and save it to your desktop.

Extract it by right clicking it and select extract here. You should then see a folder appear named after the name of the map. The folder contains the map files. The original zip file can be deleted as once extracted is no longer required.

The only thing you need to enable is the visibility of hidden folders. To do this, open my computer, go to tools and select Folder Options. From the 3 tabs along the top, select the View tab. Without scrolling down through the list you should see toward the bottom of the window you should see "Hidden Files and Folders" and 2 radio buttons. Select the one next to Show hidden files and folders. Then click apply and ok.

Next navigate to the c drive, then Documents and Settings, (lets assume your windows username is thealster) then the folder named after your username in this case thealster, then Local Settings, then Application Data, then Activision, then CoDWaW, then mods. At this point if there is no folder called mods, create it.

Place the folder containing the map files into this mods folder you have either created or navigated to. Remember the folder should be on the desktop if you have followed my exact instructions.

The next step is to load the map into the game. You need to think of these maps as mods. Remember that and you will remember this next process more easily.

Launch CoDWaW multiplayer. Go to mods and you should see the map listed in there.

It's easy once you know how, good luck
thealster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 02:19AM
Registered Member #18167
Okay so I did all that, and it is in the mods on Single player / coop but not multiplayer. Anyway i launched the mod and nothing happened and i simply cant start a game using this map. There is no list or anything. Is there a command i can use to load it via Console?
smithster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 06:34AM
smithster

Registered Member #1
Sorry my bad, you have to launch it through single player not multiplayer!

And if you want to play alone then just bring down the console and type /map then whatever the map is called. Look inside the map folder at the files, you can tell off the files what the map is called. For example our latest download Nazi Zombie Survival, to launch type /map survival

Hope that helps
thealster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 05:10PM
Registered Member #18167
Alright i tried the console command "map nazi_zombie_dead_sand" and still nothing. So lets try and figure this out.

When i launch Single player the mod IS in the mods list, however when i click "launch" the screen goes blank and it reloads single player, im not sure if its supoosed to do this but is anything supposed to change? Anyway its still not in the list and so far I have not been able to load the map in anyway
smithster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 07:46PM
smithster

Registered Member #1
When you say you tried the command "map nazi_zom......." did you remember the "/" before map? Any command executed in the console needs to have one before it!

As with the behaviour of the game, yes when you launch a mod, the game restarts itself into the mod mode. You don't see it doing anything different, other than when you go into the coop mode at the bottom of the screen, you should see the options there to configure your game to host the map.
thealster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 07:58PM
Registered Member #18167
Yes i used the "/" and still nothing. Also when I go to coop mode there is no new option or anything at the bottom of the screen. any other suggestions?
smithster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 10:56PM
smithster

Registered Member #1
is your game patched up to the latest version?
thealster
Wed Aug 25 2010, 10:58PM
Registered Member #18167
Yes absolutely, 1.7 as far as i know is the latest
deathclonic
Thu Aug 26 2010, 10:00PM
Registered Member #16358
It's the slash above enter. "\"
Try that, works for me
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF