USER:
PASS:

Forums
Call of Duty World at War Zombies :: Forums :: General Discussion :: Introduce Yourself

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hello to all the mappers out there
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
David_Draven
Wed Dec 03 2008, 04:47AM
Registered Member #234
I'm a mapper of old cutting my teeth on Doom 2, moving on to Duke Nukem 3D and Quake, then Quake 2 and Half Life and Counter Strike. I've been off the scene for a while but CoD WaW caught my eye. Now I've been bitten by the mapping bug again and I've started learning the level editor.

I'm interested in making some Zombie maps, so that's what I'm working on.
I'm checking out the resources online because I can see that I'll need some help getting back into the swing of things, seeing as when I was mapping last, putting down a player start was a simple matter of just dropping a player spawn entity. Now it looks like there are scripts for EVERYTHING.
Once I work out the basics, this should be fun.

I look forward to seeing the cool stuff that other people come up with, and hopefully finding some advice on how to get started.
Scorp
Wed Dec 03 2008, 08:03AM
Registered Member #2
Hi m8.

Do you have xfire? I'll send you a zombie example map I made for you to look at so you see a functional working COD5 Zombie map.

Also just a reminder, don't worry if (in SinglePlayer) half the sounds dont work, thats because TreyArc haven't included them yet! Due to a few issues..
macavelli
Wed Dec 03 2008, 09:28AM
Registered Member #28
and half the prefabs ae missing aswell so dont worry about that and expect a patch soon.
Schilli
Wed Dec 03 2008, 01:24PM
Registered Member #15
hi m8

when finished a mpa and some point tell me and Ill do a video
macavelli
Wed Dec 03 2008, 02:58PM
Registered Member #28
Schiil my man, might get you to do a vid of mine aswell when we have sorted the sounds out etc. cool?
David_Draven
Mon Dec 08 2008, 02:44AM
Registered Member #234
Hi Scorp, thanks for the offer.
I don't have XFire, how big is the example file? After spending much of the weekend crashing and resetting my computer attempting to play test my map, I would really appreciate an example of the setup. I follow the tutorials, but obviously I'm missing something.
Right now I'm looking at continuing with the map itself and worry about setting it up for Zombie later.
Thanks for letting me know about the sounds missing. I assume that would account for many of the compile errors. I'll stop worrying about those now.

Ahh... thanks Macavelli. I was hoping that there would be some more prefabs. When there was only a few, I figured it was similar to the other editors I've mapped with that don't include anything.

Schilli, thanks for the offer. At this stage I've really only just started. I was also looking at possibly doing two versions, a standard version (lower poly) and a detail version (extra detail). At this stage it will be dependant on how long it takes to lay out the groundwork.

Thanks for making me feel welcome people.
macavelli
Mon Dec 08 2008, 12:38PM
Registered Member #28
If you want me to point out any tutorials then just let me know. Iv been through em all!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF